Terms & Conditions (Client)
- The tutor will be charged 50% of the tuition fee for one month as commission. This is payable after the first two weeks after tuition commencement.
- Upon completion of the first month of tuition, the tutor will be paid 50% of the tuition fee (as Edupoint has already collected its 50% due). For subsequent months of tuition, the tutor will be paid the 100% of the tuition fee.
- The client will hold the 50% commission from the tutor’s first month fees and transfer the said amount to Edupoint by cheque or through internet banking. The transfer should be completed by the end of the third week after tuition commencement.
- In the event that the tuition does not reach the 1 month term for any reason, kindly inform Edupoint at the point of termination. Do not pay the tutor any part of the tuition fee. Edupoint will collect the full payment for the lessons completed and then settle with the tutor.
- Edupoint does not allow advance payment. We do not collect any fee before the tuition starts and we do not allow our tutors to do so. Please do not pay the tutors any part of the tuition fee in advance. If as tutor were to request advance payment, kindly let Edupoint know.
- Edupoint does not allow interviews or trial lessons. Please note that if after a few lessons the client is not satisfied with the tutor’s performance, a replacement can be arranged. The number of lessons completed prior to termination must be paid for.
- The tuition session must be scheduled for at least once a week. The minimum duration for one session is 1.5 hours.
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Edupoint. If there is a need for negotiation, our customer service staff will handle your request. The client should not initiate fee negotiation with the tutor until the first month of tuition has concluded. After the first month of tuition, the client and the tutor can decide on a mutually beneficial fee arrangement.
- The tuition sessions must be conducted at a single address (either a home or office). Multiple locations for tuition must be made clear to Edupoint at the time of requesting a tutor.
- Edupoint will not allow its tutors to conduct lessons in public places like malls, void decks or CCs. If there is a pressing concern to conduct the tuition at any location other than a home or office. The 50% commission to Edupoint must be paid in advance before tuition commencement.
- At no point should the client initiate steps to “assist” the tutor to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Edupoint. We expect integrity from all individuals in our dealings (especially from our tutors, who are educators).
- Tutor contact information will be released when the tutor arrives for the first lesson. Edupoint will act as liaison between tutor and client at all points in time before the first lesson. After the first lesson, the tutor and client can communicate freely with respect to lesson scheduling.
Terms & Conditions (Tutor)
- The tutor is required to pay Edupoint 50% of the tuition fee for the first month as commission for arranging the tuition assignment. The following table illustrates the fee according to the number of lessons per week.
- Tutors are required to inform Edupoint of any increase in the number of students, lessons per week or duration of an assignment after it commences. Failure to do so will be construed as a lack of integrity and the tutor will be blacklisted.
- The client will be responsible for transferring the payment to Edupoint. The tutor should not collect 100% of the payment for the first month even if the client presents the full payment to them EXCEPT for some cases where Edupoint will authorize certain tutors to collect 100% of the first month payment from the client. The tutor will then be required do the transfer of the 50% to Edupoint.
- If a tutor decides to terminate a tuition assignment before the first month for ANY reason, the tutor has to pay Edupoint 50% of the tuition fee.
- If the tuition is terminated before the first month due to action or lack of action of the tutor, the tutor will pay Edupoint 50% of the first month’s tuition fee. The following table illustrates some examples and this list is by no means exhaustive.
- Tutor not punctual. Frequently cancelling lessons
- Tutor not able to handle the subject content/answer student’s questions
- Tutor using cellphone or other devices not lesson related during the lesson
- Tutor using the tuition time to do non-subject related activities.
- Tutor arriving for tuition inappropriately attired.
- Tutor trying to change frequency, duration or fee of the assignment.
- Tutor exploring the house uninvited, asking personal questions about students family.
- Tutor not staying for the full duration of the session, (arriving late/leaving early)
- The tutor will collect and retain 100% of the tuition fee from the customer for all subsequent months of tuition after the first month of tuition.
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Edupoint. Tutors are explicitly forbidden from engaging in negotiation with the client with regards to the established tuition fee. Any negotiation with regards to the tuition fee can only take place after completion of the first month’s tuition.
- Edupoint will state a fee/rate for every assignment. Tutors are not allowed to state any other rate/fee at any point during the first month of tuition.
- Once the tutor accepts the tuition assignment, the tutor must attend the first session. Failure to do so will cause the particular tutor to be blacklisted and the tutor must pay Edupoint 50% of the first month’s tuition fee.
- Tutors are required to be clear on all the details of the assignment before accepting it. Details such as location, timing and frequency should be checked for potential conflicts before the assignment is accepted. Edupoint expects its tutors to show due diligence required of all educators.
- Tutors are not allowed to find their own replacement to conduct their tuition sessions if they are not available or if they decide to give up the assignment. If a tutor intends to give up an assignment after the first month, they should inform Edupoint about their intention and Edupoint will make the required arrangements.
- Tutors are expected to exhibit professionalism at all times. Tutors should refrain from exploring student’s homes, enquiring about the student’s personal family details or act in any way that would make the student or the family members uncomfortable.
- Edupoint expects a high level of integrity of all its tutors. This is the minimum expected of all educators before teaching competency is even considered. Tutors should not attempt to find ways to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Edupoint.
- Tuition agencies routinely share data of blacklisted tutors. Edupoint maintains its own list of blacklisted tutors and regularly shares this list.
Terms & Conditions (Online Tuition)
- All payment for the lessons block booked must be received by Edupoint before commencement of the lesson block.
- The session schedule for a lesson block is determined before commencement of the lesson block.
- Any change of schedule will be entertained without penalty if the change is notified by the client more than 48 hours before the lesson.
- 50% of the lesson fee will be deducted as penalty if a lesson is cancelled by the client between 24 hour and 48 hours before the session.
- 100% of the lesson fee will be forfeited if less than 24 hour cancellation notification is given before the scheduled session.
- In the event of internet issue on the client’s end, Edupoint will replace up to a maximum of 1 hour during the next lesson.
- In the event of technical issues at Edupoint’s Online Learning Portal, the entire lesson will be replaced at a date/time that is agreed mutually.
Last updated: 12 October 2016
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) in this agreement carefully before using the My Mobile App mobile application (the “Service”) operated by Edupoint (“us”,”we”, or “our”). By using this service, you also agree to be bound by the terms & conditions listed on our website website address
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Purchase of Test Papers
- If you wish to purchase any product made available through the Service (“Purchase”),you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase. We will not disclose this information to any third party.
- All items for purchase are listed in Singapore Dollars (SGD). Edupoint reserves the right to amend the prices as we see fit. All purchases will be transacted at the price listed at the point of purchase.
- All assessment material purchased from Edupoint are for the sole use of the purchaser& the immediate family only. The purchaser agrees not to circulate the downloaded materials to any third parties (physical or online)
- All purchases are final. No purchase will be entitled to refunds.
- The purchased material will be downloaded through a link that will be emailed to purchaser once payment has been made. This link will only be active for 2 downloads. Purchaser is advised to save the material to file for future use as stated in (3)
What information does the App obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The App obtains the information you provide when you download and register the App. Registration with us is optional. However, please keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of the features offered by the App unless you register with us.
When you register with us and use the App, you generally provide (a) your name, email address, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the App, and; (e) information you enter into our system when using the App, such as contact information and project management information.
We may also use the information you provided us to contact your from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions, all of which are only concerned with our tuition services.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the App may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the App.
Does the App collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the App and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information only in the following cases:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
We will not share any personal information to support the business or marketing interests of any third parties.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at email@example.com.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at edupoint@live,com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the App, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Edupoint. Edupoint has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Edupoint shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.